Home > Services  
Home  >   Services  

China National Convention Center
Capturing the heart precinct of Beijing Olympic Green, China National Convention Center is right next to the Bird Nest (China National Stadium for the Olympics opening and closing ceremony), the Water Cube (National Aquatics Center) and National Indoor Stadium. CNCC complex consists of the Convention Center, CNCC Grand Hotel, InterContinental Hotel and two office buildings. The Center itself is 398m long, 148m wide, 42m high and its has eight floors and two more in the basement with a shopping mall inside.
During the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, the plenary hall on CNCC's fourth floor was site for fencing preliminaries and finals, Modern Pentathlon (fencing and shooting);and the exhibition space on the first floor is the International Broadcasting Center (IBC) and the Main Press Center (MPC). The Paralympics used the ballroom section as the site for Wheelchair Fencing and Boccie. Some journalists stayed at CNCC Grand Hotel.
After the Olympic Games, CNCC took some renovations and opened officially in Nov.2009. Now CNCC is ready for congresses, international meetings, exhibitions and other various events, with the world-class services and unparalleled facilities provided.
CNCC is proud of its stunning architectural design. Its front appearance looks like traditional Chinese quoins, illustrating Chinese rich history and culture, incorporating tradition and modernity, and bridging to the future.
Sitting in the center of the Olympic commercial circle between Beijing's fourth and fifth ring roads, CNCC boasts an enviable location. It's only 30 minutes drive to the airport and the subway station is connected with CNCC's basement which enables people to quickly go to the city center, the airport, the Beijing Railway station, the central business district, China's silicon valley Zhongguancun, and many tourist attractions such as Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City or Summer Palace. It takes only one hour from CNCC to the renowned Great Wall and Ming Tombs.

Conference Venue
China National Convention Center (CNCC)
Address: No.7, Tianchen East Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing

Inter Continental Beijing Beichen Hotel
Address: Building 4, No. 8 Precincts, Beichen West Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Beijing Continental Grand Hotel
Address: No.8 Beichen East Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
CNCC Grand Hotel
Address: No.8 Beichen West Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Ya'ao International Hotel Beijing
Address: A-1 Datun Road, Beishatan, Chaoyang District, Beijing
First Floor Plan of CNCC
Second Floor Plan of CNCC
Third Floor Plan of CNCC
Fourth Floor Plan of CNCC

China Science and Technology Museum

China Science and Technology Museum is the only comprehensive museum of science and technology at national level in China. It is a large scale science popularization facility for the implementation of the national strategy of invigorating the country through science and education and strengthening the comprehensive national power of the country by relying on talented people, as well as for the enhancement of the scientific literacy of the general public. The first-stage project was completed and opened to public on September 22, 1988; the second-stage project was completed and opened to public on April 29, 2000. The new museum was completed and opened to public on September 16, 2009.
China Science and Technology Museum’s predominant educational form is exhibition education. Through scientific, informative and interesting exhibition contents designed to invite visitors’ participation and interaction, the museum presents scientific principles and technological applications, and encourages visitors to explore and practice with their own hands in its efforts to popularize scientific knowledge, scientific thinking, scientific methodology, and scientific spirit.
Besides the exhibition education, the Museum also organizes various science popularization activities, training programs and experiments with a view to deepening the understanding and comprehension of science and technology and improving the scientific literacy subliminally during a visitor’s participation.
Initially built on May 9th, 2006, the new venue of China Science and Technology Museum is located at No. 5, Beichen East Road, Chaoyang District, east to the residential area of the Asian Games, west to the Olympic waters, south to the Olympic Stadium, and north to the Forest Park. The Museum occupies an area of 48,000 m2 and has a floor space of 102,000 m2, making it an important part in Olympic Green to show Beijing Olympic motto “Green Olympics, Scientific Olympics and Humanity Olympics”.
China Science and Technology Museum has five major thematic exhibitions, namely Science Paradise, The Glory of China, Science & Technology and Life, Explorations and Discoveries, and Challenges and the Future, the public displaying area, as well as 4 special-effect theatres, namely the Dome Theatre, Giant Screen Theatre, 4D Theatre and Motion Theatre. Besides, the Museum also has a science popularization lecture hall, a multi-function hall, and a number of laboratories and classrooms.
Composed of a slew of building block-like concrete blocks that articulate with each other, the structure of China Science and Technology Museum is featured like a Lu Ban lock, or a magic cube, symbolizing that science is an endless process of “unlocking” and “discovering secrets”.

CNCC Grand Hotel
Located in the center of the Beijing Olympic Green, is a brand new deluxe international standard hotel with 420 comfortable rooms. It's one of the official hotels accommodating to journalists reporting Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.

Owned by Beijing North Star Group,CNCC Grand Hotel is adjacent to China National Convention Center. With the help of skybridge between the Hotel and the Center, it takes only 3 minutes to walk to the Center.The Hotel is also within walking distance to the Bird Nest (China National Stadium), the Water Cube (National Aquatics Center) and the State Indoor Stadium all of which are key Olympic venues.
Yet it's just 26 km (16 miles, 30 minute drive) to the Beijing Capital International Airport and 8km (5 miles) to Tian'an Men Square, heart of Beijing. Thanks to the newly-expanded subway network and particularly one subway stop at China National Convention Center, guests will find it very easy to take the subway to the airport, city center, central business district (CBD) as well as to world-famous tourism attractions such as the Forbidden City, Summer Palace and the Temple of Heaven. And it's also extremely convenient to go to the Great Wall, a must-do while in Beijing.
The state-of-the-art Hotel has 16 floors and is 60m (197 ft) high, with 363 deluxe rooms, 71 executive rooms and 9 executive suites. Each room is carefully designed and equipped with internet access, a wide variety of TV programmes, quality furniture, bath and sleep amenities as well as wide-view windows facing the beautiful Olympic Green.
The meeting room and executive lounge are set on the executive floor. We not only offer local Beijing food, but also prepare excellent Southeast Asian and French cuisines.
China National Convention Center has nearly 100 meeting rooms, a 3,500 pax Ballroom and a 24,000sqm (258,500 sqft) exhibition hall.
The Hotel is proud of its experienced staff ready to serve you. We offer our guests all necessary to help make your stay at CNCC Grand Hotel unforgettable.

Recognized as the only international luxury hotel within the Olympic Business District, InterContinental Beijing Beichen is interconnected with the China National Convention Center. The Beijing International Convention Center (BICC), the Olympic Forest Park, National Olympic Stadium and China National Tennis Center are all within walking distance from the hotel.

1. History
Beijing is made up of the Chinese characters 北京. 北 (bei) means north and 京 (jing) is capital -- thus Beijing means "northern capital," referring to the city's location in the north of China.
Similarly Nanjing 南京 in the south of the country is 南 (nan; south) 京 (jing; capital) -- "southern capital."
In Japan, Tokyo is 東京 -- "eastern capital".
Beijing is often referred to in English as "Peking" and "Pekin" in Japanese. Beijing has been known by other names throughout its history including Youzhou, Zhongdu, Dadu, Shuntian, Peiping, and Yanjing.
Youzhou (幽州) was the name of the Beijing city in the Tang Dynasty (618–907) .
Zhongdu (中都) "Central Capital" refers to the area just to the south west of modern Beijing which was the capital of the barbarian Jin Dynasty (1115–1234).
Dadu (大都) "great capital" is the Chinese rendering of Khanbaliq - the new city built by Kublai Khan in 1264, which became the capital of the Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368). Marco Polo refers to the city at this time as "Cambulac."
Shuntian (顺天) refers to the new name of the capital after the defeat of the Mongols and the establishment of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644).
Peiping, (北平) "Northern Peace" was a term used in 1928 as the capital was at this time in Nanjing.
The city became Beijing in 1949 following the Communist takeover. Yanjing (燕京) is an informal name for Beijing and is also the name of a local Chinese beer. Yanjing refers to the State of Yan that existed around the area of present-day Beijing during the Zhou Dynasty (1122-256 BCE).

2. Around
National Stadium
The National Stadium will host the Olympic opening and closing ceremonies, as well as athletics and football competitions. After the Olympic Games, the stadium will become a center for sports, cultural and creative activities. Its post-Games use is currently undergoing extensive planning.
The illuminating facilities were put into operation inside the National Stadium, nicknamed the "Bird's Nest," on the night of February 4, 2008.
The red lights and grey steel structures of the project make up a splendid addition to the capital city's nightscape.
With the last 2,000 lamps scheduled to be adjusted on February 5, citizens can enjoy the magnificent night view on the eve of and during the Spring Festival holiday.

National Aquatics Center
Located on the southern part of the central area of the Olympic Green in Beijing, the NAC has a planned construction area of 6.95 hectares. Being adjacent to the central axis of the city, the NAC is situated on par with the National Stadium, at an equal distance to the axis.
The NAC's Games-time construction area is close to 80,000 square meters, containing 17,000 standard seats, including 6,000 permanent seats and 11,000 temporary ones. During the 2008 Olympic Games, it will produce 42 gold medals in swimming, diving and synchronized swimming.
After the Olympics, it will be converted into a multi-functional facility for sports, culture and recreation, featuring a "water setting" for members of society.

National Indoor Stadium
Located in the southern part of the Olympic Green, the National Indoor Stadium joins the group of landmark structures in the area, including the National Aquatics Center to the south and the National Convention Center to the north. The stadium consists of a main structure and a warm-up gym nearby and other outdoor facilities, with an overall building area of 80,900 square meters. The seating capacity of the National Indoor Stadium is 18,000. The outdoor landscaping and roadways occupy an area of 44,000 square meters.

Olympic Park Observation Tower
Completed and opened in 2014, the 246.8-metre-tall (810 ft) Olympic Park Observation Tower's five circular roofs are meant to evoke the Olympic rings; although it has also been described as "a huge nail". The design of the towers themselves were inspired by blades of grass. It is the sixth tallest observation tower in China and the 22nd highest in the world. Visitors can look out over the park and the entire city of Beijing from all five platforms, ranging from 186 to 243 metres (610 to 797 ft) in height.

The Olympic Forest Park
The Olympic forest park is located in the north of stalk line in city in Peking to carry, take" lead to natural stalk line" as to design a principle. All countries athlete and coach member set while not only being the ecosystem of the city to shield, but also being Olympic Games match here Wei-of recreational rear garden. After Olympic Games, is push Olympic Games field building and facilities of make use of, provide park in the city of a recreational amusement for citizen, the forest park has been adjusted briefly and Be formally free to open to the citizen the southern park on October 26, 2008.On September 30, 2009, the northern park outward opens and carries out free and liberal target in the whole park. The park increased to establish a pleasure boat, company to sell management and northern park to play after Olympic Games several amusement items like car, etcs differently play by satisfying a large visitor need. Olympic forest park just at with very thick green and inebriate the person's fragrance of flower to reveal "the Fang permits" to the personage of the various communities.


3. Attraction
Tian'anmen Square
The Tiananmen Square lies at the cross-section between the central axis of Beijing. When it was first built in the 15th year of Yongle (1417), it was called Chengtian Gate. It was twice destroyed in the Ming Dynasty, once by lightening, once by war. In 1651, or the 8th year of Emperor Shunzhi's reign in the Qing Dynasty, the Emperor named Fulin had it rebuilt on a large scale and changed its name to Tiananmen. Imposing and magnificent, it stands out among ancient city gates in China.
Tiananmen was the place for important ceremonies during the Ming Dynasty and Qing Dynasty, when imperial edicts were issued for coronation of emperors or the conferring of the title of empress. Tiananmen has witnessed many important events in China's modern history.

Palace Museum
The Palace Museum, former home to the 24 Ming and Qing emperors, is also known as the Forbidden City. Completed in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, it occupies a total space of more than 720, 000 square meters. Apart from the complex of immovable palace buildings, the Palace Museum houses over 1.5 million items or sets of relics. Over 8,000 of them are designated as first-class relics. They fall into the following categories: paintings, calligraphy, rubbings from tablets, inscriptions, sculptures, copperwares, porcelain, textile or embroidery, jade or stone wares, gold or silver wares, jewelry, lacquerworks, enamel wares, carvings, miscellaneous handiworks, stationery, daily appliances, clocks and instruments, imperial seals and certificates of the conferring of titles, religious relics, weapons carried by guards of honor, ancient books, and foreign relics. The museum is open to the public all year round.

Temple of Heaven
The Temple of Heaven was the place where the Emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties would worship Heaven and pray for bumper crops. The northern part of the outer surrounding wall is semi-circular in shape while the southern part square, a pattern symbolic of the ancient belief that Heaven was round and the earth square. The double surrounding wall separates the temple into two parts—the inner and outer temples with the main structures in the inner one, covering a space of 273 hectares in all.
A masterpiece of the Ming and Qing architectural art and a precious example of China's ancient architecture, the Temple of Heaven is the largest architectural group for worshipping Heaven in the world.

Summer Palace
The Summer Palace, originally named Qingyi Yuan or the Garden of Clear Ripples, was first constructed in 1750. It was razed to the ground by the Anglo-French Allied Forces in 1860. The Government of the Qing Dynasty started to rebuild it in 1886 with funds that it had misappropriated from the Imperial Navy and other sources. Renamed two years later as Yihe Yuan or the Garden of Health and Harmony, it was supposed to serve as a summer resort for the Empress Dowager Cixi. Known also as the Summer Palace, it was ravaged by the Allied Forces of the Eight Powers that invaded China in 1900. The damage was repairedin 1902. Since the founding of the People's Republic of China, the Summer Palace has undergone several major renovations. Its major attractions such as the Four Great Regions, Suzhou Street, the Pavilion of Bright Scenery, the Hall of Serenity, the Wenchang Galleries and the Plowing and Weaving Scenery Area have been successively restored.

Badaling Great Wall
The Badaling Great Wall locates on the ridge of the northern part of the GuanGou. Here, two peaks face to face, there is an alley between them two and it's a very strategic place. Because of the importance of the Badaling, it has being the place that the military fight against for. The Badaling became the martial strongpoint from the Spring and Autumn Period and the Warring States Period. The Badaling Great Wall was rebuilt in the Ming Dynasty. The Ming Great Wall is no longer a simple high wall, but a rigorous recovery system. Ningxia, Shanxi, Shangxi, Heibei all have the parts of the Great Wall. Many Guan cities and short walls were built in this important place. Since the Qing Dynasty, the Badaling Great Wall has been becoming deserted. The city towers to west of Guan city had been destroyed severity. After the State Department decided to repair it, The Great Wall had been rehabilitated several times.


4. Shop & Leisure
Wangfujing is now considered the central heart of the city and in an area of about 810 square metres are over 200 shops. The new street can also provide convenience for pedestrians and motorists alike. Also, in spite of being modern and new, the renovated Wangfujing Street has retained its traditional cultural atmosphere. The street is a kind of beauty perfectly combining tradition, modernity, culture and commerce. With a group of sculptures depicting the lives of the people of Beijing in the old times was established in front of the modern New Dong An Plaza, a 70-square-metre relief sculpture recalling the operation of the 12 old famous shops in the area was set on the southern wall of the Women' s Department Store. Also the ancient well, from which the street got its name, was also symbolically restored. Besides, the Foreign Language Bookstore is in this area, which is the largetst bookstore of this kind in Beijing.

Dashilan street was a commercial center of Beijing more than five hundred and eighty years ago. The name Dashilan comes from the large gates built at either end of the street during the Qing Dynasty to prevent street crime at night and as a safeguard against riots by the local Han people against the Qing. The fences built here were quite peculiar and kept for a long time.In 1900, the entire street was burnt to the ground during the Boxer uprising before it prospered again with the returning merchants.

Houhai, another name for Shishahai, is an area including Qianhai, Houhai and Xihai. Shishahai is a time-honored popular destination for summer outings and fun. Historical records show that each summer there was a myriad of stalls selling tea, food, utensils and commodities and sites for quyi (folk art) performances which lured throngs of people of all social strata. Today’s Houhai is a bar and snack street, where delicacies are offered by century-old restaurants of traditional Beijing flavor like “Kao Rou Ji” and “Bao Du Zhang” by Yinding Bridge, and urbanites flock to the banks of Xihai to enjoy: sashimi, the tea ceremony, meals and to listen to music.

Taikoo Li Sanlitun
This is without a doubt the capital’s hottest fashion destination and the coolest place to hang out. Taikoo Li Sanlitun represents a cosmopolitan approach to leisure, leading the way with up-to-the-minute lifestyle trends, an arty atmosphere and thoughtful service intended to provide every guest with an unforgettable shopping experience. Not only is this a place to shop to your heart’s desire, to satisfy your appetites, and to play – it’s also on the cutting edge of fashion. Think of Taikoo Li Sanlitun as the city’s high-profile calling card.

Nanluogu Xiang
Nanluogu Xiang maintains the layout of typical buildings of the Yuan Dynasty, and so, it is called a living fossil of the city buildings of Yuandadu. There are a large number of cultural and historical relics, residences of celebrities, and is, therefore, one of the areas for protecting the old city's images and looks of Beijing City and the buffer area for the Conservation of the old Imperial City. At present, there are 28 units of protection of cultural relics at the national, municipal and district levels, including Keyuan Garden, residence of Wan Rong (the queen of the last Emperor Puyi), residence of Sengge Rinchen, residences of Rong Lu, Hong Chengchou, Kui Jun, etc. Each lane, yard and even a brick or tile are stamped with the signs of history.


5. Food
"Beijing Donglaishun Muslim Restaurant" established in the 29th year of Guangxu—the spring of 1903, Goldfish's Hutong of the north end of Wangfujing Street of Dongcheng District, Beijing now of former address. In development of a century of Donglaishun, Donglaishun has formed in order to produce, bake, fry, rinse four major series 200 more than variety on integrative Islamic cooked food system progressively. The instant boiled mutton of characteristic dish, have " The materials are precise , a one hundred sheets of crafts & arts , condiment are fragrant , the hot pot is prosperous , the bottom soup is fresh , the garlic in syrup is fragile , the batching is thin , the whole adjuvant" eight characteristics. The mutton meat in Donglaishun is delicate, the mouth feel is soft, and has a strong smelled not oiliness. There is good reputation of "the first in China is rinsed".

QUANJUDE, a famous historical brand of China, was established in 1864 (the third year of Tongzhi of Qing dynasty). During the 136 years, QUANJUDE has experienced business vicissitudes and survived the arduous ordeal of time. Throughout the years, QUANJUDE dishes have been greatly enriched due to developing and innovation.
The well-known All-Duck Banquet is headed by QUANJUDE roast duck and supported by over 400 dishes with QUANJUDE characteristic flavor. Government leaders, officials and VIPs from nearly 200 countries and regions have visited QUANJUDE roast duck restaurants and had dinner here.

In the 17th year of Emperor Qianlong's reign, it became famous because of the name Duyichu and the Tiger Head Plaque granted by the emperor. During Emperor Tongzhi's reign, the restaurant added in his menu Steamed Dumpling which had thin coat, rich stuffing and tasted delicious. During the war against Japanese, it survived from closing down and suffered poor business until its rebirth when Beijing was liberated. After the Joint Public-Private Ownership reform, the restaurant moved from the south of Xianyukou to the north of it into a large building with 200 square meters in business space. Nowadays it is capable to receive two or three thousand person times per day. The Tiger Head Plaque inscribed by Emperor Qianlong is hanging in the center of the hall reads Duyichu, and another plaque inscribed by Guo Moruo is hanging in the entrance.

Fangshan Restaurant
The Fangshan Restaurant is located in Yilantang Hall on the north side of the Jade Isle in Beihai Park, where Empress Dowager Cixi (1835--1908) used to take her meals after sight-seeing in the park. The food made in the Qing Palace for the emperors was called imperial food, so a restaurant operating outside the palace making and selling imperial food was only an imitation.
All cooks in the imperial kitchen were famous. They cooked their dishes to emphasize taste, color, and shape. In addition to the excellent taste, every dish had to look like a work of art. Many cooks specialized in making one or several dishes during their lives. The more their labor was divided, the better the dishes were. What they created was not so much a dish as a valuable work of art. Their excellent cooking skills were the key to the making of palace delicacies.

Huguosi Snack
There is no better illustration of what Beijingers eat during the Spring Festival than food offered by traditional snack food (xiao chi: small eats) stores throughout Beijing. The Huguosi Snack Food Store is a great example of the festive food shops.
Foods available include many kinds of traditional Beijing 'small eats.' Some of the most famous treats are lu da gun (rolling donkey): a soft yellow rice and soybean cake, ai wo wo: a white glutinous rice cake with a variety of stuffing, wan dou huang: a smooth tasting yellow pea cake and jiao quan: deep-fried crispy flour ring.